Monday, March 11, 2013

Distressing Furniture

      It's been a little too long between blog posts so obviously I haven't caught on to this blogging thing well.  My biggest problem was figuring out how to even log on to the account and if the problem takes longer than two minutes to fix I will often avoid it.  Soooooo, here we go again!!!

      I have officially jumped on the furniture painting bandwagon.  Actually, the furniture distressing bandwagon.  I usually acquire projects throughout the year and wait for inspiration to complete them.  I kept seeing all of these cool distressing techniques on pinterest and after lots of procrastination, I jumped in feet first.  I have always been that weird girl who will take a metal lamp and paint it white (much to the chagrin of my Sherwin Williams trained husband).  But I wanted to take my painting to the next level, and I am super happy with the results.  I got so excited about it, I started looking for things around my house to distress.  I may even distress my kids if they hold still long enough!!

Kids Chair studio prop.  Cost $2.00 at the Flea Market.

Distressed this little table and chairs just to give it a different look.  

Found this little set for $30.00.  Gave it an updated color and distressed the finish for the inevitable wear it
is about to receive to my wonderful family.

Hand me down from mom who can't help but buy things if they are marked low enough.
She handed that trait down to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment